Waitemata SJ Postpones Ray Burmester memorial Derby 28-29 March 2020
Statement from the Woodhill Sands Trust
Given the recent announcement of the move to Level 4, Woodhill Sands is now closed to all public and horse use.
We will continue to keep everyone up to date as the things evolve.
Stay safe everyone and be kind. We'll see you all on the other side
STATEMENT FROM WOODHILL SANDS TRUST
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop around the world, we know that many people are feeling uncertain and anxious. We want to reassure you that the wellbeing of our venue users – and our riding community – is top of mind. It is a time for us to come together and do right by each other.
We want to reassure you that Woodhill Sands cares deeply about the health and welfare of you all.
We’re closely monitoring developments and the advice from the Ministry of Health to ensure we’re prepared for any possible escalation of COVID-19 in the Auckland region.
Some of these steps include:
• Asking you all to follow the Ministry of Health’s guidelines on self-isolation.
• If you are experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days, we ask that you delay any visit to Woodhill Sands.
• The Ministry of Health has stated that the symptoms of COVID-19 are:
• A cough
• A high temperature (at least 38 degrees centigrade without the use of fever controlling medications, for example paracetamol or Ibuprofen)
• A shortness of breath
If you have been unwell please do not visit Woodhill Sands until you have been symptom free for at least 48 hours.
• Excellent hygiene practices by our frontline team, remembering that frequent washing and drying of hands is still the most effective means of practising good hygiene.
• Adopting social distancing practices by keeping a distance of at least 1 metre to avoid close contact.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
• Responsible coughing and sneezing etiquette by using your elbow or covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
• Cleaning our toilets on a regular basis and stepping up the cleaning of surfaces like kiosk or office counters.
• All toilets will have soap and if obtainable, hand sanitiser dispensers
• Making sure the very latest information and advice from the Ministry of Health are being supplied to our team, and venue users.
• Displaying Ministry of Health posters about COVID-19, as well as hand hygiene at our venue.
• Be assured our staff and officials have the information and support they need to stay healthy or stay home if they are not feeling well.
We will continue to provide you with updates via social media and if you have any questions or concerns please get in contact with us. With the situation changing daily, it’s a good idea to check in on a daily basis.
FOR SALE - New Product - Naturclean
Naturclean - A unique dry powder bedding conditioner and drying agent for all animal spaces.
Creates a dry, safe, healthy environment in animal pens by reducing moisture and thus the potential for bacterial infection
SIgnificantly reduces the moisture in bedding by absorbing 4-5mls of water per 1g product, thus promotes animal welfare through cleaner drier animals.
Reduces ammonia levels and odours, improving the overall atmosphere.
Soluble in manure and will not block outlets and create problems in slurry tanks.